What To Do At The 2019 Expo: Seminar Schedule Released
While it may still feel like we’re in the dead of winter, spring is on the way. That means we’re just a few weeks away from the Dakota Garden Expo 2019! There is simply no better way to shake the winter blues than by swinging by the expo and taking care of all of your gardening needs.
Curious what will be at this year’s expo? Wonder no more, we have released the initial seminar schedule so you’ll know how to best spend your time at this year’s event. Check them out below! Times are subject to change, but we’ll be updating this if/when any changes are made.
Friday Night, April 5
- 5:00 p.m. — Pines for North Dakota. Joe Zeleznik, NDSU Extension. Room 106.
- 6:00 p.m. — Attracting Beneficial Insects: Your (Gardening) Partners in Crime. Travis Prochaska, NDSU Extension. Room 106.
- 6:15 p.m. — Five Steps to a Great Lawn. Tom Kalb, NDSU Extension. Exhibit Hall.
- 7:00 p.m. — Growing Tropical Plants in North Dakota. Diane Gronfur, Plant Perfect. Room 106.
Saturday Morning, April 6
- 9:30 a.m. — Tips and Tricks for a Low Maintenance Pond. Kathleen Wiese, Wiese Acres. Room 106.
- 9:30 a.m. — Tips on Growing Potatoes. Craig Askim, NDSU Extension. Exhibit Hall.
- 10:30 a.m. — Geranium Care: Indoors and Outdoors. Marcy Pfliiger, Plant Perfect. Room 106.
- 10:30 a.m. — Recycling/Composting Garden Waste. Nicole Wardner, NDSU Extension. Exhibit Hall.
- 11:30 a.m. — No-Till Gardening. Beth Burdolski, NDSU Extension. Room 106.
- 11:30 a.m. — Terrarium Building. Carrissa Fenster, Terrariums Expert. Exhibit Hall.
- 12:30 p.m. — Seed Starting. Rita Mulkern, NDSU Extension Master Gardener. Room 106.
- 1:30 p.m. — Starting a Square-Foot Garden. Tom Kalb, NDSU Extension. Room 106.